It was a free day, nothing scheduled, a rare treat. So I filled it.
- Wrote a note to a friend experiencing depression to assure her of my care and devotion.
- Mailed a gift to a young couple who just moved to a new area, them trying to find their place and settle into home.
- Baked cookies and took them to a teenager who is recovering from a serious accident.
- Delivered dinner to a family in crises.
- Visited a friend and brought a small mum as a love offering.
Turned out, it was a busy day with an added trip to the grocery store and library, And there are always meals to prepare and cleaned up at the Wright House.
By evening, I was tired but exhilarated. It was one of the best days I’ve had in a long time.
There were those years not so long ago when we were the ones in need, and people gave and gave. Back then I looked forward to the day when we could be the givers. Yesterday was one of those days. And it was joyous.
Grace we have received. Grace we will offer.